This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

20.10.11

Let's Play Dress Up


I love love love to dress up, one of the things that I can really get myself into and excited for is a themed party or dress up event of some kind. So of course Halloween is one of my favorite times of year. It can be a wonderful way to relax and escape reality for a night to dress up and be someone else. Can be fun out in public or just around the house or just in the bedroom. The liberties and freedom a costume can give you to act like you never would if it was just you being you, that is what makes it such an exciting prospect.

This year I bought a cute little prisoner's costume, a short bright orange dress. My idea was to get some handcuffs, perhaps of the fuzzy variety and my hubby would dress as a corrections officer to go with. Could lead to some fun role play as well as a great couples costume....

It would be hard for me to pick my all time favorite costume. Looking back at my costumes as a kid, most that my mom made for me, I think one of my very favorites must have been from when I was like 4 years old and I was a smurf! So very in right now too, it was so damn cute definitely one of my old favorites. As an adult I love my Red Queen corset that I made for my daughter's Alice in Wonderland dress up birthday party when she turned 5.

What are your favorite costumes? As a child or adult what did you dress up as and pretend to be? What is the ultimate Halloween fantasy costume for you?

3 comments:

Delicious Romance From Cerise DeLand said...

Two of my favorite Halloween moments involve my children.
One year both boys dressed up as Dracula, scaring each other the first time they came out and saw each other!
Then, one year I spent weeks and weeks making a dragon costume, including loooooooong paper mache tail, spray painting it green in the back yard.
And then?
My son, age 4, decided he didn't want to wear it!
NO! NO! I was dumb-founded. The tail/ the costume was never used. I know I didn't have the heart to throw it out for more than a year, hoping...hoping.
But no, never did he wear it!
I wonder if he remembers this. I have to ask him!

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hello, Courtney,

One of my all time favorite costumes was when I went as a black widow spider. I wore a slinky black leotard and tights, a mask, and then I created four extra "legs" out of copper tubing covered with black cable covering. It really was quite impressive, although it did lead to some mobility problems. (Must have a picture somewhere!)

Then there was the year I dressed up as a dirty old lady - wore a bright red cocktail dress and heels, dusted my hair with gray and drew wrinkles on my face...of course, that was before I really WAS a dirty old lady!

courtneybreazile said...

Oh kids are never appreciative of our hard work are they!

And I love the Black Widow idea! May steal that one day :)