This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

9.11.11

The Fun Part of Research

Research is always a fun part of writing for me. It must be my inner nerd talking, but I love looking up facts to incorporate into my stories. It’s really the only part of plotting that I enjoy. I have folders full of information that I’m waiting to fit into just the right story.

Of course when one writes erotic romance, research can take on a whole new meaning. In the past few months, I’ve had to look up different rope bondage techniques, aphrodisiacs, BDSM conference names, and skiing techniques. Hey, it can’t always be sexy funtime town :) Obviously some things are more entertaining to research than others.

Of course no author worth their salt stops at just reading about such things… But I'm gonna stop right there. Some things are better left unsaid ;)

What’s the craziest thing you’ve had to research?

You can read more about the fruits of Gillian's research at her website.

1 comment:

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hi, Gillian,

I've never spent all that much time researching sex stuff - I did it all when I was younger... (Okay, not EVERYTHING!) Actually, I recently did some research on "blood play", that is, BDSM activities involving cutting - for a blog post.

Hey, you asked...!