This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

14.11.11

Gay lit and what it means to me

I was at a loss as to what to post this month, which isn't all that unusual, but because of a small rant on a blog, I decided to go with the topic of the genre 'gay' and what it means to me as a writer. Long ago, I realized I adored reading about what gay men dealt with in their lives. I'm not what you could call a spring chicken, so that's changed in my time. It used to be hidden and considered dirty to both read or write it. I'd thought that had changed, and to some extent maybe it has.

As a reader, I've been extremely fortunate to be able to read some extraordinary gay romance and erotica. Being online, and having access to some amazing authors, as both friends and colleagues has made it even more accessible to me. Yes, I consider myself a very lucky person.

As an author, I have found it extremely rewarding to be able to stretch my wings and write the genre I've grown so fond of. I begin by knowing I'll be writing about at least two men, and let the story unfold. It can be dark and foreboding, one fellow rescuing another from some horrid thing/person, or it can be something light and fluffy where two fellows need to enhance their relationship by vacationing in a hot spot where some trouble irises and they've got to proclaim their devotion in order to set things right. 

I've always been very liberal about my feelings towards the varying sexualities the human race has come up with. Honestly, I've never thought of a person who falls for another who just happens to be the same sex as sick or abnormal, just lucky to have found someone to care for. If you're even more sexually liberal, and are attracted to both sexes, or all three depending on your take on humanity, I feel you're very lucky indeed.

So, having said all that, I was flabbergasted when I replied to a post on a certain blog, then shared my thoughts on the matter, only to have someone post a very negative outlook on any sexuality that wasn't heterosexual. I'd honestly thought we were past that stage in our evolution. People, in my opinion, should have the right to legally be with whoever they love as long as that person is an adult. My writing has always mirrored those words and I will hopefully continue to do so, if my muse ever wakes up again. Sigh!

I write all manner of sexuality, but gay has always held a place in my heart. There's just something about the thought of two men together that thrills me. And, I've never thought of myself as horrible for thinking it. With all the ailments of the world, you'd think politicians and groups who rant about the sins of (fill in the blanks as to whatever sexuality might be thought of as wrong) would have more pressing things to worry about. Go fix global warming or pollution, starving children in...whatever country we find them. The atmosphere is toxic in many locations, crime, disease...there are countless things that need attention. 

So, having ranted my little rant, I'm now going to post a sexy excerpt from Doc, the first in my Daybreak 2525 series. He's lusty and he's into sex, with whoever he cares for at the moment. The love of his life just happens to be another man, who you'll meet and adore, I'm sure. But, neither of them are necessarily monogamous, which suits them fine. Having said all that, here's a snippet from Doc.


Doc 
Book #1 in the Daybreak 2525 series  
by Jude MasonISBN: 978-0-85715-490-3
Genre: Futuristic - post apocalypse/ Sci-Fi/ MM/ MF

Buy HERE


The son of a healer and a warrior, Doc is forced to take on both roles when his village is destroyed and his lover...gone.

Returning from a visit to one of the outland farms, Doc finds his village destroyed, his family either gone or dead and his lover vanished without a trace. The few survivors hidden among the ruins tell a tale of ruthless, sadistic marauders taking what they want and burning the rest. Doc finds too many dead and his heart breaks for those he finds alive. Mothers whose children are gone, husbands who have lost everything and everyone.

Pulling as many people as he can together and tending their wounds, Doc vows to find the rest of his people. His father is among the dead, but his mother, his sister and lover are not.

The hunt is on.

Chapter Two

Something warm and smooth slid across Doc’s cheek, making him smile. He rolled onto his back and stretched out his legs, splaying them wide. Clenching his right hand around his crotch, he pushed his left under his head. He sighed with pleasure.

Lips pressed to his, a tongue flicked across them, wetting his mouth and giving him the taste of his lover. A hand strayed over his chest, found and pinched each nipple into excited hardness before Doc groaned. He thrust his chest out.

The hand moved on, parted his shirt front and slipped inside. The fingers were cool, the palm a little warmer moving over his skin.

Doc gave his cock a healthy squeeze and hoped the straying hand would wander downward. It did, and he squirmed again, his excitement rising. His heartbeat drummed in his ears like a tune he’d dance to later, after the orgasm he approached had run its wicked good course.

“Get your hand outta the way,” a man whispered with an urgency that surprised Doc.

“Yeah,” he mumbled and pulled away from his cock. Thrusting his hips upwards flattened his shaft against the tight leather. He held that position for what seemed like hours, straining, arse clenching.

The tug of laces, dragged through the holes in the front of his pants, pulled at him.
Another kind of tug, firmer, more insistent, shifted his hips, his arse. Cool air caressed his lower belly, his pubes and upper thighs. His balls pulled up.

“Oh yeah.” The same male voice came from somewhere south.

Doc wanted to speak, to encourage a little oral action, but his body seemed frozen. No matter. A moment later, the smooth, wet softness of a tongue slithered along his cock shaft.  His dick pulsed, thickening. It pulsed again, the head lifting into the air.

“Yess!”

The pleasure amazed him, darting like snakes’ tongues towards his sac. Wet heat wrapped the head of his cock in softness. Suction pulled at his flesh, and soft, tantalizing moistness slithered around the crown and down the shaft.

Buy HERE  

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this. I'd love to know your thoughts on gay writing, so please feel free to share. Oh, and Jazz, book #2 will be out in January 2012, so look for another sexy excerpt next month!

Hugs
Jude

Newsletter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Jude_Masons_Newsletter/
To join my mailing list, go HERE

5 comments:

Charlie Richards said...

It's funny that you posted this today, because I had an interesting email conversation with, who I thought, was an open-minded friend. As it turns out, I think I offended her when I explained why I think same sex unions should be legalized. I can't begin to express my surprise. Yes, prejudice is alive and well in the world, and the number of people who use religion as a tool to condemn is staggering. Whatever happened to God is love? Best wishes to everyone out there who has found someone (or more than one) to love. ~Charlie

Connie Northrop said...

I've never had problems with people's sexuality. My 25 yr old nephew is gay and has lived with my son and me for 7 years. You wouldn't believe the amount of people who were worried it (being gay) might be contagious... I was horrified at how few non-erotic books there were for him to read. It still seems to be erotic romance or no romance way too often.

My entire family pushes for same sex marriage, even my parents. With the exception of incest and underage, no one has the right to tell you who you can love.

Barbara Elsborg said...

I think we who think gay relationships are fine live in a bubble, actually. I have no problem with it. If people are happy then what is the issue? BUT those who think that way are in the minority and it's easy to forget that when we state our views and expect others to like our books. I've written a lot of MF and MMF and have a soon to be released MM. I suspect a number of my readers will not like the latter. I find MM endlessly interesting yet I don't have any interest in FF stories. But it's a big world. We should be able to live together!

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hi, Jude,

Fun excerpt!

I think Barbara's right. We all feel totally comfortable with GLBT relationships, yet there are still many people who view love between two individuals of the same gender as evil and unnatural.

Actually, I'm working on a near future sci fi novel where those folks have the power. It's scary.

Jude Mason said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by and commenting. Barbara, sadly, you may be right. As romance and erotica authors, we tend to be much more liberal than the majority, unfortunately. I've written m/f, m/m/f, f/f/m and m/m. The best selling has always been m/m. It seems even when people protest the validity and/propriety of same sex arrangements, they want to read about it. Hypocritical or what?

Lisabet, your book sounds incredibly interesting, but terrifying. I'll keep my eyes open for it.

Hugs
Jude