This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

11.11.11

Top 5 of All Time...Tunes for Writing!

This is just my list, but as I'm sitting here working on a paranormal story for TEB, I'm listening to music. The itunes playlist got me thinking...what would I count as my top 5 artists of all time. Now these are my favorites. I'm sure they won't be everyones. I only included five, but I said why. I'd love to know what you think. Maybe you've got some suggestions I haven't thought about. Maybe you can lead me to a new favorite.

Honorable mentions:
Disturbed - grit and growl
Slipknot - screaming frustration and musicality
Supertramp - yes, the Logical Song still makes me want to dance
Peter Gabriel - I swear In Your Eyes is pure romance in musical form
Gary Allan - the guy could read the phone book to me and I'd swoon - his voice rings with heartache and sexiness


Elton John

Yep. I love his love songs. There's so much passion and I know if I want a tender moment, all I have to do is pull up a song on my playlist by Elton and I'm there. :-)
Bruce Springsteen

Okay, this one is a gimme because he uses my name in at least one of his songs. There's a gritty quality to his tunes you can't pass him up on the radio or the playlist. Plus he's got such great stories within his songs. Love him.
Queen!!!!

Each member has something great to add to the mix...where to start? Another One Bites the Dust - the feeling when I finally get the first draft of an MS done. We Are the Champions - release day. Radio Ga Ga is just driving and makes me want to put nose to grindstone. Then there's my all time favorites - I'm Going Slightly Mad (can you say edit hell?) and Don't Stop Me Now (i just want to get up and dance and sing loud then write my heart out!)

The Beatles

There's so much variety here. Love Me Do....Helter Skelter...In My Life... you can't go wrong with the classics. I still swear I'm going to write a story based on Ticket To Ride.

Billy Joel

Summer, Highland Falls has got the best piano rift for writing. It's lilty, but it's sad and sweet. His songs have such great stories and draw me in right away. I'd love to write a story with the angst and ache of This is the Time or And So It Goes. I just love him.

I said, you might have others to add to the list. Heck. I'm sure I forgot some. What do you write to? Let me know.

And for your reading enjoyment, here's my latest release, Savin' Me.

Three is their magic number. Now they’ve got
to decide if the magic is worth saving.
Razrs Edge packed stadiums, fuelled by the inner turmoil and
passion of the three founding members. The lights aren’t as bright and the
crowds cheer a little less now that the threesome has parted ways.
It’s time to bring the magic back.
Parkur’s not convinced the split is for good. They were meant to
be three. But can he write the music to convince Juniper and Jacoby to give him
a second chance? Juniper and Jacoby want the triad intact. Is the love they
shared as three enough to erase the destruction in their collective
past?
Contains two heroes hell bent on making sweet music
with the woman of their dreams, the rediscovery of passion between three people,
hot manlove and ménage action, a little spanking, some toy play, and some
bondage...oh yes...

No comments: