This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

19.12.11

Five things I love about Christmas by the sea


I’m writing this post in a lovely little cottage by the sea. There’s a fire crackling in the open fireplace and I’m curled up on a comfy sofa with a nice cup of tea and my laptop (there's also a terrible mobile internet connection, but hey, you can't have it all, right?). As Christmas is a season for sharing, I thought I’d give you a taste of my perfect Christmas holiday. So, here we go: five things I love about Christmas by the sea:       
  1. The sea
I love the sea – in any weather, but most of all when it’s stormy. My mom says I’m part mermaid and I guess she must be right. I love to walk on the beach and watch the waves roll in or the play of light and shadow on the surface of the water.     
  1. The food
Yum – fresh seafood! I love it. ‘Nuff said.     
  1. The smells
For me Christmas always smells of baking cookies, spices – ginger, cinnamon, vanilla – mulled wine and spiced tea. Christmas by the seaside is even better, because all the lovely Christmas smells are even better when you’ve just come inside from a brisk walk on the beach.     
  1. The calm
I normally live in the city – and I love it. But sometimes I just need a break from all the noise and stress and all the craziness. What I love about the Christmas holidays, is that I get to see most of the people I love. There’s a chance for catching up, long talks, easy banter, fun and laughter – all the right kind of noise and none of the wrong kind.    
  1. The coziness
Don’t you just love to curl up in front of a fire with a good book? Well, I do. Especially when it’s cold and dark outside. What is even better though, is a warm bed on a cold winter night, preferably with someone you love to keep you warm – and the prospect of not having to get up for work the next morning.     
There’s much to be said for Christmas by the sea! Mind, it doesn’t really matter where or how you spend the holidays. What’s important is that you get to be close to your loved ones. So, I hope your holidays will be just as lovely as mine. Thanks for dropping by today and for your support in 2011. See you back here on 19 January 2012. Happy holidays to you all!    
Mina Dorian's Blog A DARK KIND OF DESIRE can be found here: http://minadorian.blogspot.com/    
The Accidental Sub is now available for pre-order: http://www.total-e-bound.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=&P_ID=1500
 

No comments: