This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

11.12.11

Twinkly Christmas (or How I Met My DH at Christmas)

I'm sitting in my living room bathed in Christmas lights and stuck. I have to say, when I opened Blogger to write this post, I had no clue what I was going to write about. All these twinkle lights are shining all over the house. It's rather pretty.

And the pretty reminded me of something to write about. Why I like Christmas. It's a pretty simple reason. Simple and sort of complex if that makes sense.

So why? I met my DH.

I was in college at the time. Kind of a dork if I do say so myself. Shy. Wasn't sure I even wanted to be in college. But he was nice and paid attention to me. Oh, and he was one of the school security. Yeah, there was a badge involved.

So we became friends. He was all I wanted. Tall, dark, great tan and he laughed a lot. Well, he asked me to help him pick out Christmas lights. Wanted them for a date. Now, I was rather naive at the time. I thought, Okay, he wants help. Don't know why I thought a suave guy like him needed help from me. Naive, you ask? Yes, I was. Funny you brought that up.

Anyway, we went to the store for lights. He wanted white lights. I'm a purist. For some reason, it drives me crazy to see JUST white lights on a Christmas tree. Maybe it's because I'm an artist and I love color. I dunno. So we got into a discussion right there in the holiday department.

He deferred to me and got the colored lights. "Want to help me put them up?"

Um...sure?

At this point I started to feel kinda stupid. I mean, I was helping him get ready for a date with someone else. And I liked him. So he comes over to get me and low and behold, he was coming to get ME for the date. Yeah, I said I was naive. Didn't read much into the situation. Oh well. We ended up going out for a date. Went to a Christmas store, a toy store (Hey, toys are fun at any age, no matter what kind of toy they happen to be) and to a Chocolate store. Yes, he knew the way to my heart. CHOCOLATE!!!

We continued dating and that New Year's I went to spend the time with his family. He declared in front of all of them that if I could hold out with him for two years, he'd marry me. Oh and I happened to know the trick question he had. What was that you ask? What was the name of the television show in the 80's that had the space coaster? The Great Space Coaster. And yes, I used to watch it as a kid.

I stuck with him for those two years (wasn't hard) and sure enough, exactly two years later I did get a diamond.

So now almost 13 years later, DH and I are still together. Through four cats, two dogs, a small person and at least 8 moves...he's still my man with a badge.

That's how I think of Christmas.

And here's a little bit from my latest novella, Savin' Me:

Three is their magic number. Now they’ve got to decide if the magic is worth saving.

Razrs Edge used to pack stadiums, fuelled by the inner turmoil and passion of the three founding members. Now that the threesome has parted ways, the lights aren’t as bright and the cheers of the crowds not as loud.

It’s time to bring the magic back.
Parkur has never been convinced the split was for good. They were meant to be three. But can he write the music to convince Juniper and Jacoby to give him a second chance?

Juniper and Jacoby want the triad intact. Is the love they shared as three enough to erase the destruction in their collective past?

Reader Advisory: This book contains two heroes hell bent on making sweet music with the woman of their dreams, the rediscovery of passion between three people, hot manlove and ménage action, a little spanking, some toy play, and some bondage...oh yes...


Available here!

About me:
I always dreamed of writing the stories in my head. Tall, dark, and handsome heroes are my favorites, as long as he has an independent woman keeping him in line. I tend to write books with titles taken from songs because music is one of my many muses.
I earned a BA in education and as well as a Masters in Education. I've tried my hand at teaching, waitressing, and retail sales, but writing holds my heart.

I love NASCAR, romance, books in general, farmland, dirt racing, and my menagerie of animals. I books under contract with Total-E-Bound, Liquid Silver Books, and the Wild Rose Press. But then again, I've got more stories percolating than my brain can handle. I can't wait to share them with you!

2 comments:

Lisabet Sarai said...

What a fabulous story, Wendi! A true life romance.

Congratulations on finding such a nice guy! And happy holidays!

Wendi Zwaduk said...

Thanks Lisabet! It's a silly but true story. :-) Happy holidays to you and yours.