This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

1.1.12

Taking a Trip without a Roadmap -KM Mahoney.


Pssst, this is posted under Victoria Blisse's name but it's not my blog at all it's the Lovely KM Mahoney's. We've had a bit of a technical hitch on the posting front. Okay, just wanted you all to know, now on with the show! 



Taking a Trip Without a Roadmap



Being as it is, after all, January 1st, I feel obligated to write about the dawning of 2012. Personally, I sort of missed it. I believe I was asleep on the couch when midnight came around. I had such exciting plans, too, involving me, a big blanket, and a beer (because I forgot to pick up the wine). Thrilling, I know.

I have high hopes for 2012. I always do, every New Year. But I am, unfortunately, one of those people who makes a resolution and then promptly proceeds to ignore it. So this year, I'm not going to make any resolutions. No "I will write at least 1500 words a day" or "I will not procrastinate" or the ever popular "I will lose weight". I'm not even going to make a schedule—let's be honest, those never last more than a week, anyway.

What am I going to work on this year, you ask? There's that great Works In Progress page on your website, which one comes first? Don't worry, I've got that all planned out. It's part of my "taking a trip without a roadmap" plan. Anything goes and I'll end up somewhere. Eventually. Don't know where, but I'm having a whole lot of fun on the way. I've got two series in the works and a stand-alone novel. I've got outlines and random notes covering every inch of my desk (and a good portion of the floor. And the bookshelves. And...you get the picture). It's grand. I love when I have more story ideas than I have time to write; it means I'm never floundering when I finish a project. There's always another one waiting. Which ones will actually get finished this year? That's a toss-up. But each new book that comes out still gives me that same thrill as the first one. Each new character I meet is still an adventure, and every time I get that little spark of genius about a plotline, I still get giddy (and possibly do a little dance. But hey, at least I broke that whole writing-dialogue-aloud habit!). 

So, here's to getting in the car and just driving, because you can. I'm looking forward to the Great Roadtrip of 2012. I hope everyone comes along for the ride!


KM


K.M. Mahoney

Come Wander With Me
Twitter: authorkmmahoney

No comments: