This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

11.3.12

How Do You Decide?

I was talking to a couple different readers and we happened to be discussing my novella, Someone Like You. Both readers mentioned that they loved being able to go back to the characters and spend time with them. They liked having that one extra chance to spend time with them. It got me wondering.

Are there characters you want to spend more time with? I know there are ones I never want to leave. They make me laugh and it's like hanging out with friends.

But the more I thought about it, the more I wondered if there was such a thing as spending too much time with the characters. Is it possible for an author to go back too many times? John Grisham decided to go back to Mitch McDeere. Charlaine Harris goes back to Sookie Stackhouse over and over. In both cases, readers seem happy to revisit the characters.

Why have I been thinking about this? One reader mentioned she wanted to know what happened between Sav and Arran between Someone Like You and Tangled Up. She also wanted to know what happened AFTER Tangled Up.

I'm all for revisiting Sav, Arran and Mindy. They are very complex characters. Their needs and wants (and kinks) have taken me quite a while to figure out. I would love to write their story for the in between time and for after Tangled Up. But here's my worry. Is there such a thing as overdoing it? AM I limiting myself by holding onto characters who have had their story told and done?

Does this make sense? Don't get me wrong. Sav, Arran and Mindy are still talking to me. Arran loves to poke me from time to time. Mindy and Sav usually rein him in.

I'm looking for thoughts on this. Too much? Keep going? I'm game for what you have to say.

And to help you make up your mind, here's the vital stats for Someone Like You:

She’s the one he wants, he just doesn’t know it yet.

Arran Mayes-Confirmed bachelor. Loves a good bottle of wine, hearty conversation and men. Determined to open his own pizzeria, he’s not looking for love or a woman.

Then he sees her. Can a tomcat playboy settle down in the arms of a good woman?

Mindy Dawson-She’s not interested in relationships or dating after having been through the wringer more times than she can count. Attending college is for a BA...not an "MRS" degree.

Until she sees him. Is she woman enough to tame Arran’s ways? Or will their love affair burn out before it gets started?

Reader Advisory: This story contains lovers who didn’t know they connected, finding their mutual satisfaction with anal sex and a few toys for fun.

Click here or the cover to get your copy!

~ ~

Site: http://wendizwaduk.com/
Blog: http://wendizwaduk.blogspot.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/WendiZwaduk
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wendi.zwaduk
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Wendi-Zwaduk/e/B003KA589U/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1
Goodreads:http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3495446.Wendi_Zwaduk

Want to know more about Wendi Zwaduk? Here you go:

I always dreamt of writing the stories in my head. Tall, dark, and handsome heroes are my favorites, as long as he has an independent woman keeping him in line. I earned a BA in education at Kent State University and currently hold a Masters in Education with Nova Southeastern University.
I love NASCAR, romance, books in general, Ohio farmland, dirt racing, and my menagerie of animals. I’m published with Total-E-Bound, Changeling Press, Liquid Silver Books and The Wild Rose Press. Come join me for this fantastic journey!

1 comment:

the ebay lady said...

Love your blog!!! I just followed you. I am new to blogger, and hoping you'll follow back. Thanks in advance!