This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

17.3.12

Not a St Patrick's Day post.


St. Patrick's Day.
Been there, seen it, done it...wore the green shirt.

Today I thought I'd post a shameless plug for my next TEB release, 'Orion Rising'.

After finishing 'Stolen Summer' I honestly didn't think I had it in me to write another m/m novel. I really thought that SS was a one-off. I started working on a straightforward Sci-Fi/fantasy novel until life got in the way. I had a transatlantic move to organise, we had to find jobs, a place to live and just plain start all over again. By the time we'd settled in our new home, winter was on the way. It was our first proper winter in 9 years. We had snow, lots of snow and I loved it because I'd really missed snow.

Then I heard this song. A little 'scene' popped into my head. Two men in a dark, cold place frantic with a need to make love. They tore at each other's clothes between desperate kisses. How did they get to that point? Suddenly, I had a story to tell.

I had to build a world - England in 125 years, not the green and pleasant land we know and love, but a wintry nightmare of a place with wild storms. A land devoid of life, a waste of snow and dead, black trees and leaden grey skies. Then I had to explain why the world was this way and put my characters, Michael and Paul, into it. The story came together and 'Orion Rising' slowly fell together.

When I sent the finished novel to Rebecca, my editor, I was genuinely terrified. Would she like it? After all, it ain't 'Stolen Summer' - far from it. I waited nervously, stress-eating Sports Mixtures, Fruit Pastilles and Sherbet Lemons. I started work on another story and waited. Happily, she liked it and here we are, 9 days away from release.

I love Michael and Paul. I hope you like them too.

Michael and Paul fight to survive in a land frozen by endless winter. Will the ice between them thaw once and for all?

Michael Wright has given up thinking he’s anything more than a number-cruncher. When he’s summoned to verify the outcome of renowned meteorologist, Paul Clarkson’s latest research Michael is happy to escape the drudgery of a grey cubicle at the Met Office.

At Station 17 he finds himself working side by side with a brilliant scientist and charismatic man who stirs a lot more than respect. The attraction is mutual but, after a few snatched hours of passion, internal politics and a vengeful adversary tear them apart.

When Michael returns to Station 17 two years later he discovers that the world isn’t the only thing that’s changed. Paul is forbiddingly distant and the fire that once burned between them has turned to ice. The violence of deadly storm reignites their relationship - but will the disastrous aftermath of another destroy their love once and for all?

Orion Rising

5 comments:

Sluggie said...

Sounds brilliant. Can't wait to read it. :o)

Alex Harrow said...

Can't wait to read the final version of this. Everyone should pick this up. :)

Anonymous said...

generic tramadol online tramadol shot - buy tramadol online overnight fedex

Anonymous said...

phentermine cod phentermine online+yahoo - phentermine no prescription canada

Anonymous said...

buy phentermine online no prescription buy phentermine online no prescription - who has bought phentermine online