This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

6.3.12

Why do you procrastinate?

One way to procrastinate: Hire a promo man!

Yep. As a died in the wool Obsessive Worker, I hardly ever suffer Procrastination Blues.
Not my style. Learned long ago to just put my a$$ in the chair and work it, baby!
BUT lately I have a tough time. I am doing that nut ball thing I never do, questioning myself.
I would rather:

  • go the gym (now you KNOW this is a bad case of put-it-off!)
  • wash dishes (huh?)
  • finish the novel I am currently reading which would make that a reward for playing hooky—and how could I possibly reward myself for not working? *headtodesk*
  • think up a new series which, I must add, I have NO clue when I can write it given that I am up to that same a$$ finishing off the 3rd historical for TEB in my medieval series. (YES, you can see how I am constantly doing more than my 24 hours worth.)

IN fact, years ago, make that over 15 years ago, I had to promise hubby and the family that I would stop work at 5 or...at the latest 6 and not go back. Not Go Back.
I have kept to that.
But you know at night, I usually feel my fingertips itching for the keyboard.
So, is my procrastination really fear? Fear of Failure? Yes, might be.  BUT see me, hear me do this mantra now, I know that this too shall pass.
I have been here before.
Worked myself out of it.
Worked the work until it was great. (or in my estimation so it was. I have put 2 kids through college with my earnings so it does get me enough $$$ to verify me.)
So I guess this means that now that I have dumped my bucket on you, I will crack my knuckles and, for godsakes, Cerise, stop bellyaching and get back to work!
HOW DO YOU COPE?

No comments: