This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

11.6.12

You've Got to Have Friends!

I just got back from the Lori Foster Reader/Author Get Together. The best part about the gathering is that it's basically one gigantic luncheon with friends. Yes. Like 500 friends, but friends. I love going there because I get to reconnect with all the writer and reader pals I've made over the years.

Look at it like this. I walk in and there's Jambrea Jo Jones, grinning and laughing. Immediately, I'm laughing and smiling, too. Then I run into Desiree Holt. She nabs me for a hug and we talk about the anthologies we're in together. Imagine the two of us - neither one of us is much over 5'2" tall - laughing and squee-ing about being in a book together. I'm sure people thought we'd lost our minds. I had supper with Cheryl Dragon and talked about witches, bikers and menage. Well, we talked about all that, then were interrupted when the cover model invited himself to our table. Wouldn't have been so bad, had he not TAKEN her seat. Shrug.

Then there was the book signing. Some people were upset by having two book signings, but not me. Why? First of all, having two meant I had time to get the books I wanted signed, well, signed. I got to meet some fantastic authors that way. Second, I got a chance to get that book by Mima. I just have to say I love her. She rocks.

The two booksignings meant I could focus on selling my books and meeting my readers as well. Oh, and hang out with Kaenar Langford. Every moment of the get together is special, but I had an absolute blast signing books with Kaenar. Why? First, she's got the best TRUE stories. If I wanted to learn things about the BDSM and MM community, she probably knows all about it. And she tells the stories with such Gusto! Then there are the jokes. Good gravy. Some of them are the worst jokes you've ever heard, but again she tells them with such pizzazz you can't not listen and laugh.

Every year I look forward to going to Cincinnati for this event and I'm never let down. One year, I swear I will remember to get a photo of the TEB authors. One year.

So which is your favorite con? Pros? Cons of that con? I'd love to know.

Want to know more about Wendi Zwaduk? Here you go:

I always dreamt of writing the stories in my head. Tall, dark, and handsome heroes are my favorites, as long as he has an independent woman keeping him in line. I earned a BA in education at Kent State University and currently hold a Masters in Education with Nova Southeastern University.

I love NASCAR, romance, books in general, Ohio farmland, dirt racing, and my menagerie of animals. Come join me for this fantastic journey!

Site
Blog
Twitter
Facebook
Amazon
Goodreads
On Pinterest
On Google+
On Romance Novel Center

3 comments:

Desiree Holt said...

Wendi, I just loved all the time we got to spend together. WE donut get to do it enough. I love the smaller cons because we have time to do that. Got our pic together ready for my FB album.

kaenar said...

I was so delighted to finally get to meet you and that was so much fun sharing a table at the signing. You have such a bright, energetic, creative spirit. Can't wait until the next time we get together to raise a little Cain. Can not wait.

Kaenar

Wendi Zwaduk said...

thanks desiree! I have our pic on my FB page. :-) We had so much fun and you're right, we don't get to do that enough.

Kaenar you are the creative one. Those Jokes! Grin. I can't wait to hang out with you again. We had a lot of fun during that signing. Next time I have dibs on your table. Raise a Little Cain? How about a LOT! :-)