This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

9.7.12

Award Me!


I’m always reading ecstatic posts from other writers about how they’ve been shortlisted for X or Y award. I can understand this – it’s great to be appreciated. This hasn’t happened to me very often, but I did have the pleasure this year of being shortlisted for the Joan Hessayon Award, awarded yearly by the Romantic Novelists’ Association.

Let me cut off any suspense by saying that I didn’t win. But hey, it was exciting just to be shortlisted. All the nominees had their own press releases, their own blog interviews, and an invitation to the award ceremony, where we were all brought to the front and photographed before the winner was announced. I wish all the best to Evonne Wareham, who displayed a degree of grace and poise while making her speech that I could never hope to achieve.

However, I did get a warm and fuzzy feeling when the judges’ description of The Hand He Dealt was read out. “Erotic, which is the next big thing… College, gambling, secrets and lies, and a hero to die for.” That’s nice, isn’t it? I’m sure Ash would love to know he’s a hero to die for.

And it’s good to hear that erotic romance is considered the next big thing. Fifty Shades of Grey may not be to everyone’s taste, but it does seem to be breaking boundaries for erotica writers. Who knows, one day I may see myself on the shelf at Asda.

But in the meantime, I’ll keep plugging away and hoping to be shortlisted for other awards. I have three stories accepted so far this year, so fingers crossed!

No comments: