This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

15.9.12

The More You Have - The More You Want!

Gee - I could be talking about almost anything, couldn't I? As it turns out, it is pretty close to what you think; we are at the Hot Spot after all! Ever since I let on to my friends that I've been writing erotic romance, there's been a myriad of different responses. I've been very fortunate in that the majority have been very positive and supportive. Even one of my most religious friends told me, "I just don't see anything wrong with it." I've also been pleasantly surprised to find out just how many of my friends and acquaintances are avid readers of the genre as well. So that made me wonder - since we were already sharing our love of naughty literature - exactly which type of erotic romance they all fancied. It's been an interesting education.


For myself, I first became interested in reading, and then subsequently writing, BDSM because of some personal dabblings in the lifestyle. That subject became my primary focus, and for a while, I assumed that would be all I would write about. But then, I tried a menage, and the dynamics of making a happily-ever-after out of a three person scenario was really thrilling for me, and became my new favourite. From there - I wanted to know what it would be like if there were F/F intimacy, and then M/M intimacy in the menage. Now the floodgates were opened, and I decided I should just go on and write a full-fledged M/M, balls to the wall, happily-ever-after. In the meantime, I was also looking at adding historical, sci-fi and paranormal themes. Phew. Am I just too out of control?


My research proved to me that I'm not the only one who wants more. My friends surprised me with their own eclectic tastes. While there are a few people out there that I've come across who are strictly into one type - and one type only - of erotic genre, the majority love the freedom of being able to choose from several different ones. Even my very religious friend shocked little ol' me with her declaration that she found the M/M stories to be her new favourite. Who knew?

I think it's awesome when one is open to different types and expressions of love. I've been able to increase the variety of things that I read and write about by taking that stance, and I believe it's helped to keep it fresh and exciting for me, and subsequently, for my readers. How about you? Are you a tried and true contemporary M/F, or do you like to change it up? If you haven't considered it before, maybe take a chance on something new right now. You'll never know unless you try, right? And what safer way than through an erotic romance story that you can explore in the privacy of your own home? There are plenty to choose from at TEB - so have yourself some saucy fun!

2 comments:

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hi Morticia!

There's nothing I won't try - as an author or a reader!

In fact, I like to mix it all up in the same book!

Morticia Knight said...

Sounds good to me Lisabet ;-)