This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

12.11.12

Autumn Quest releases today!




As an author, it is my job to wonder “What if…?” With this story, I took the concept a little further than usual, resulting in a setting that can only be called ‘alternate history’. I took the Mongol culture of about AD 400 and asked, “What if…they had never been defeated by the Chinese, and, later, by the Christians?” What sort of a society would they have ended up with?

I have taken a lot of liberties in assuming what might have happened, especially in the area of potential magic and wizardry. This last takes the story into the realms of fantasy, but who knows what might have happened? The names and places I mention are all based on Mongol culture, though. While you won’t need a glossary to understand, here are a few examples:

Bayar: Joy
Chinux: Wolf
Khaganate: legendary empire of times past
Khanate: largest section left of the former empire
Naiman: common name of the Khanate
Naman: ruling royal family of the Khanate, name derived from the Khanate’s name
Khan: nobleman in Mongol times; the king in this book
Qara: black

Playing with alternate history has been fun for me. I hope you will enjoy reading about the results of my thought experiment as much as I loved coming up with it.


Serena
www.serenayates.com

No comments: