This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

2.1.13

New Year - New Tradition

Happy New Year Darlings!
Each New Year brings with it the promise of a fresh start and a shiny new bundle of optimistically-made resolutions. My good intentions are generally dashed by reality long before Valentine’s Day. This year I’ve decided to do things a bit differently. I will not begin 2013 with an idealized profile of who I hope to be and what I hope to have by the next December 31st. Instead I resolve to take a moment each day to be thankful for what already is.
In the U.S., it’s traditional to count one’s blessings on the fourth Thursday of November – Thanksgiving Day. Truth be told, that day is often spent sitting in front of the television watching football (the American version with the oddly shaped ball), and feasting until we have pumpkin pie filling oozing from our ears. I’ve always wondered why we set aside one measly day each year to give thanks and then do such a piss-poor job of it.
As I was noodling over the flaws and shortcomings of various holidays, I received an email from a dear friend of mine – a pottery artist who creates delightfully whimsical pieces and is herself what I call a Certified Joyologist. The times I spend hanging out with her in her studio are magical and I always leave in a better mood than I arrived. In her latest email she shared a photo she’d stumbled upon while surfing the ‘net. It was an old pickle jar stuffed with little strips of paper. The email said:
“Why not start the year with an empty jar and fill it with notes about all the good things that happen? Then, on New Year’s Eve, empty it out and read about all the wonderful things that happened that year.”
Now that’s a resolution I can get my arms around. I am grateful every day for being able to do what I love. I’m grateful for family and friends who support me and my dreams. I’m grateful for visionary publishers and gifted editors. I’m grateful for the folks who read my books, fall in love with the characters, and take the time to tell me so. I’m grateful that I have 365 days to jot down the good stuff on little slips of paper…
… I think I’m going to need a bigger jar.
Wishing you a year filled with too many blessings to fit in a pickle jar,
xoxo ~Gabby
Connect with me:
@Gabrielle_Holly

1 comment:

ALONETANU94 said...

Earn Money on Without Investment, Get Free Online Jobs and Work From home.
www.jobzcorner.com