This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

9.2.13

Sequels


I’m in a new position this month – I’m working on a sequel to I Heard Your Voice. Parts of it are fairly easy, but others required a lot of working out.

I’ve read plenty of sequels and novel series. Often they will focus on different characters each time, which is nice and straightforward. Those that follow a single character, in my reasding, have usually been crime or mystery fiction. With romance it’s harder. Certainly in the case of I Heard Your Voice the couple got their happy ending – unsurprisingly – which means that I no longer have a romantic build-up, unless I was to separate them and introduce a new love interest. And I didn’t want to do that. I rather liked them together.

So I had no trouble coming up with a plotline, but how to handle the romance?

Thank goodness for the suggestion made in the first story, that sex on haunted ground enhances paranormal activity. So far Tamar hasn’t needed that – she attracts spirits by singing. But in this story, she needs an extra influx of power… and maybe boyfriend Jason will be ready and willing to provide that?

Fingers crossed it works!

5 comments:

Desiree Holt said...

I know you'll make it work. We'll be watching for the sequel. Good luck.

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hello, Tanith,

I haven't written a sequel to any of my books yet, but I have two waiting in the wings (actually one's a prequel). As I've been thinking about them, I've realized (as you have) that sometimes non-central concepts in the first book can be expanded to become critical plot elements in the second.

Anyway, good luck. As Desiree says, I'm sure you'll figure it out!

Barbara Elsborg said...

That's exactly why I haven't written any sequels despite requests! I don't want to drive apart the pair or trio I brought together - so yes, it means a plot where the sex is still hot but you need something else driving the story. Since I usually put my characters through a lot of angst, I daren't do it to them again. I think you're very brave!!!

Tanith Davenport said...

Thanks all - it seems to be working so far, so hopefully all will go well!

Daniyal Memon said...

Latest Forex Market Tips Online, Free Forex News updates, Daily Forex News, Daily updates about Currency Exchange Rates
www.LatestFxMarket.com