This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

11.2.13

When Time Flies...

Some days it seems like finding the time to write is like pulling teeth. It's just not there. Other times, especially when the story is really flying, then it's easy.

I'm in a period of the former. Well, sort of. I've got a couple of stories that are really going. I've got them down in my journals and it's just a matter of plunking them in the computer so I can edit and polish them up. But that's the issue. The time.

Someone told me recently, well, you're a writer. You don't do anything all day, so you should have plenty of time to write. I wish that was the case. Let me explain my Friday and you'll understand.

I took the tot to school, like I do every school day, and came home. Fine. Just sat down at the computer to work when the phone rings. I have to get tot from school. He wasn't sick, no. He'd broken off his front teeth.

Broken. Off. Teeth. ADULT teeth.

Now, my younger brother did the same thing, broken his front teeth, when he was like 7 or 8. I remember because he bled all over everywhere. So I'm thinking, okay, tot messed up his teeth, there will be blood. I hate blood. A lot. I grab DH and make him come along because, well, if there's blood, there's a good chance I'll pass out. We get tot, sure enough, he's messed up his teeth, but not awfully bad. He can still smile and look handsome. What happened? He's in the midst of a growth spurt and is clumsy. He tripped up the stairs.

But getting him from school meant we had to take him to the dentist, too. There's one in town who happens to be a nice guy and wasn't scary to tot so that worked out even better. We found out tot chipped one (it can be smoothed down and will give him character - not that he needs more, but it will) and the other was sheared in half horizontally. The good news? Nothing was knocked loose and no root damage. Phew! He'll need the tooth capped, but that's a lot better than a root canal or any of the other things that could have happened. He cut his lip when he tripped and the lip swelled pretty good. Dentist also suggested we keep him home and give tot tylenol to calm the swelling.

Now you'd think once I got him home, he'd be resting and just wanting to watch a movie. Nope. He was hungry, thirsty, wanted his blanket, wanted the movie changed, then fell asleep.

Needless to say, I got a whole lot of nothing accomplished.

But he's feeling better and acting like himself, so it's all worth it.

Has anyone else ever had one of these days where you can't get anything done? Tell me about it. I'd love to commiserate.
*******


 Here's a little bit from my latest release, and yep, there's a warning label on it. Grin 

Say you’ll haunt me, since I’ll never stop loving you.


Felicity Black never quite understood love. She worked her assets to get what she wanted and didn’t care who got in the way. Until she met John. He saw past her superficial self to the woman inside. Death separated her from John before she could tell him how she truly felt. Now she’s got her chance...just not in the way she expected.

John wanted Felicity to haunt him. She had been the only woman to stir not only his heart but his soul as well. But the woman claiming to be his lost love can’t be her... Felicity was dead. He has to decide whether to trust his gut or walk away from a new start.

Can a second chance at a first impression lead to love or a lifetime of heartbreak?

Reader Advisory: This story contains an out-of-body experience, voyeurism, spanking, rough sex, masturbation, and a chance for love to strike twice.
Available here! 

~~
Want to know more about Wendi Zwaduk? Here you go: 

I always dreamt of writing the stories in my head. Tall, dark, and handsome heroes are my favorites, as long as he has an independent woman keeping him in line. I earned a BA in education at Kent State University and currently hold a Masters in Education with Nova Southeastern University. 

I love NASCAR, romance, books in general, Ohio farmland, dirt racing, and my menagerie of animals. I also write under the pen name of Megan Slayer. 

Site: http://wendizwaduk.com/
Blog: http://wendizwaduk.blogspot.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/WendiZwaduk
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wendi.zwaduk
Fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wendi-Zwaduk/195277927167481?ref=tn_tnmn
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/author/wendizwaduk
Goodreads:http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3495446.Wendi_Zwaduk
On Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/wendizwaduk/
On Google+ : https://plus.google.com/115637543946745656739/posts
On Romance Novel Center: http://www.romancenovelcenter.com/wendizwaduk
Newsletter sign up: http://ymlp.com/xgjmjumygmgj 

5 comments:

Zee Monodee said...

Goodness, I sooo know what you mean! If I have either the hubby or one or both of the boys at home (eldest is my stepson, so he's not 24/7 at our place), I start to freak out. Why? Because I know all my time is gonna gravitate toward them at home and leaving me with nothing done.
Glad your tot is none worse for wear, but I feel your pain. It's hard to find time. Sometimes, I think I should be totally selfish and pack myself up to a hotel while I leave them at home so I can get work done. But then the chaos I'd come back to? Not worth it :)
Hugs!

Barbara Elsborg said...

Oh dear, hope tot is soon back to racing around but NOT upstairs. My son did the same aged eight. Playing in goal, dived for the ball and someone kicked him. His front tooth sheered in half and he dislocated his thumb. He was always having some sort of accident and I just hope your tot grows out of it, cos mine didn't. I could fill pages with his injuries and he's been beaten up twice too. I think some kids are just prone to things happening to them.

Molly Wishlade said...

I fit my writing in around teaching full time and two children so I know how difficult it can be to find the time but I think it also adds to my determination. Some days I stress about it but then I try to grit my teeth and plod on. Dreaming of freedom from the day job helps! :-)
I hope your little boy is better now!

张园小 said...

We constantly advise you obtain some guidance for being familiar with the too much Leather Dog Collar to handle universe of doggy products and services and equipment, and that is wherever our doggy consultants try out to provide you with a few money-saving recommendation. Our dog fans seem to have been combing the web for your few of decades looking for level of quality web-sites and pinpointing the optimal World wide web web-sites to get the Cheap Dog Toys best pet products and add-ons for ones Akita Pet dog. On that take note, ensure to consider benefit of our significant information and facts, factual merchandise testimonials and ideas.

Anonymous said...

The best stealth keylogger programs will offer you the option of doing a fresh, full installation of your operating
system. Always keep your antivirus and anti-spyware programs.


Here is my website key logger