This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

5.4.13

The Gym, My Muse

Back in January, I wrote about chocolate--cookies, volcano cakes, ice cream, cocoa--and the NAUGHTY things it did to my thighs and how, to counteract the body-deforming onslaught of Yuletide sweets, I joined a gym. Despite my lamentations about spinning classes, complaints about the pendulous swing of my triceps, and screeches from the pain of persistent muscle burn, I didn’t give in.


No, not because I’m a trooper. But because the gym has become my muse.


Especially now, as spring dawns (albeit slowly here in Washington, DC) and summer peeks around the corner.  All around me, muscles are swelling, pooching bellies are contracting, hemlines are rising, and t-shirts are tightening. The gym becomes a veritable meat market after 5:30 p.m. And no, Sequestration has not diminished that essential human desire for a hot bod, a tight ass and a healthy supply of eye candy.


The crowds squealing and slapping for dibs on my elliptical are oddly comforting. Often, these same women are the recipients of a glance here before releasing a shrill, flattered laugh there. Courtship (as much as pollen, awful stuff in DC) is in the air.


These amorous exchanges inspire, setting in motion the sprockets and cogs of creativity inside my head.  


My gym sports a built-in yoga studio, separated from the weight room by plate glass walls. Who’s that bro eyeing the leggy blonde through the wall? Or the striking redhead with perfect calves stealing glances back at the lean, sinewy lawyer-by-day, body-builder by night, whose muscles ripple through his Champion training tee?


I imagine gym romances everywhere, blossoming like the cherry trees swaying in the spring breeze beside our tidal basin.


I turn, slapping away the barracuda lobbyist with two degrees from Harvard who’s jostling for my spot at the next recumbent bike. Then I smile to myself, content with the overflow of new ideas I'll put to paper when I return home.

This spring, where do you find inspiration?


Lots of love,

Gen xoxo

Learn more about me on the Web:

Gen's Author Blog
Gen's Author Page at Total E-Bound

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good post! We will be linking to this great
content on our website. Keep up the great writing.


Take a look at my weblog :: pose d une porte de garage basculante

Anonymous said...

Wow! At last I got a blog from where I be capable of actually get useful facts concerning my study and knowledge.


my blog post :: porte de garage coulissante motorisée

Anonymous said...

May I just say what a comfort to discover someone who truly understands what they are talking about
online. You certainly understand how to bring an issue to
light and make it important. More people need to look at this
and understand this side of your story. I was surprised you're not more popular because you definitely have the gift.

Feel free to surf to my blog; devenir riche

Anonymous said...

This design is steller! You certainly know how to keep a
reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start
my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Excellent job. I really loved what
you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
Too cool!

Also visit my blog post: lame de terrasse pvc

Anonymous said...

I seriously love your website.. Excellent colors & theme.
Did you develop this web site yourself? Please reply back as I'm wanting to create my own personal blog and would like to find out where you got this from or what the theme is called. Thank you!

Feel free to surf to my site prix porte fenetre pvc double vitrage

Anonymous said...

It's fantastic that you are getting ideas from this article as well as from our dialogue made here.

Have a look at my blog post: porte de garage basculante isolée

Anonymous said...

I'm gone to say to my little brother, that he should also pay a visit this blog on regular basis to obtain updated from newest information.

Here is my web blog :: phenix option

Anonymous said...

Superb, what a website it is! This webpage presents useful facts to us,
keep it up.

my web-site ... prix de fenetre pvc

Anonymous said...

Great post! We are linking to this great content on our site.
Keep up the good writing.

My web-site; renover parquet

Anonymous said...

Good answers in return of this matter with real arguments and explaining all on the topic of that.


Here is my web site: renover parquet ancien