This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

4.6.13

The next big thing

I've heard on the grapevine - well from someone who works for a big epublisher that the next big thing in erotic romance will be Downtown Abbey spin offs. Really? That means I'm not going to be on that cresting wave because I'm not a watcher of Downtown Abbey. I'm also too lazy to do the research for historicals, though I do love reading them.
When I recently went to the US, the guy on immigration actually struck up  a conversation about Downtown Abbey - well he tried to. I looked at him blankly and he gave up. He let me in though and told me to watch it. Was it an order?
I wonder if the fascination is with the time period of the series or more with the upstairs downstairs element. I've written a few books with titled people as major characters but they've all been contemporary. I suppose when you look at it, there's nothing new about the next big thing at all. Alpha guys, girls with stars in their eyes and women growing stronger. Add lots of sex and stir furiously.
Now if only I could predict the next big thing a year or so in advance - or failing that, next week's lottery numbers....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new apple iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the outstanding work!

My website :: cartoonexhibition.blogspot.co.uk