This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

9.8.13

Don't Come

I’d never tackled BDSM before, so when I began Ready for Him it was a good chance for me to try something new. It was also my chance to write it as I would want to read it, which meant altering one trope that always pisses me off.

“You’re not allowed to come without my permission.”

Orgasm control.

I’m sure it’s a standard BDSM practice, but it always clangs in my head. Maybe it’s because I put myself in the sub’s position as I read, and I already know that this wouldn’t work on me. Maybe it’s because I see it as more a male thing – men are used to holding off until their partner is satisfied, while women come when they’re ready (or have trouble coming at all). Either way, it always throws me out of the scene.

So I made the decision not to have it in my story.

Of course, since Jade – my not-very-submissive sub-in-training – is new to these things, I knew it would have to be addressed at some point. So I turned it on its head. By my dominant hero Will’s rules, she is ordered to come as often and as loudly as possible, with any attempt at restraint or silencing to be met with strict discipline.


Got to love those orgasm-happy dominants, right?

5 comments:

Molly Wishlade said...

Hi Tanith!
All I can say is lucky Jade! ;-)
Molly xxx

Tanith Davenport said...

I agree!

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hi, Tanith,

I loved Jade! Give me a heroine with tattoos and a mohawk!

Orgasm control is just one of many BDSM practices. My master never tried that with me. Although to be honest, when I was with him, I was so aroused all the time that I really didn't notice whether I came or not. I know that sounds weird, but it's true.

Normandie Alleman said...

I agree that orgasm control is annoying, and I think it's overplayed in BDSM books. Like someone decided all Doms do this and so authors feel like they have to check it off the list.

Glad you put a spin on it. In "real life" people tailor certain practices to what they like or they skip it. There's no one size fits all.

kate dev said...

I think it's great that you write the scenes as you want the way you want, isn't that was originality is all about? Lovers and their experiences are all unique, even BDSM, makes your stories even hotter!