This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

12.8.13

Losing My Cherry


 
Now, I know what this slang expression makes us all think of and that’s why I used it, because here I am, today, losing my Hitting the Hot Spot cherry.
Yes, folks, it’s my first time!!!
My home-grown cherry tomatoes

I’ve experienced a lot of first times in the last eight months but my favourite had to be THE EMAIL. Getting that lovely email from my gorgeous editor to say that, yes, Total-E-Bound would like to publish Desire in Deadwood was THE BEST!!! It was a moment that I’d daydreamed about (I just corrected a typo – I typed daycreamed instead of daydreamed…lol), talked about and wondered about. (A bit like losing your cherry, I guess. You wonder what it’ll be like, wonder when it’ll happen and maybe even daydream about it. Then when it happens…well, it’s an experience, isn’t it?) But getting your first contract is…incredible.
Then there were other firsts.
My first edits…daunting but I was guided through them (Thank you, Sue!) and I actually enjoyed that part of improving my writing. I’ve learnt so much through this process and I’m totally grateful for all the help and support I’ve received.
My first cover and banner pack…oh so gorgeous!!! Thank you to the talented ones who create our marvellous covers.
My first author page…Wow! That’s really me and my book!


(Apologies for the overuse of exclamation marks but it’s been a very exciting time. Also, I just realised that this sounds a bit like on Oscar speech…<dabs eyes with tissue>)
So what’s next?
Knee trembling first review…<stomach flips>…
First royalty statementDid anyone buy it???...
Waiting on a submissionWill they want the next one?...
2013 has been a year of firsts. Through the writing and editing of Desire in Deadwood and the promotion and networking to ‘get it out there’, I’ve had a ball. I’ve ‘met’ lots of new people (the internet really does make the world a smaller place) and I have learnt A LOT about the whole process of getting a novel from scratchy origins to publication and beyond. So I’d like to say thank you to all those who’ve been sucked into my whirlwind (interesting metaphor, sounds saucy ;-) over recent months for their friendship, support, encouragement and professionalism.
Ooh! You know what? I’ve enjoyed losing my Hitting the Hotspot cherry here today!
And it would be bad manners if I didn’t share a little of my debut novella wouldn’t it? Here’s Nate and Evelyn, checking each other out for the first time in a long time.
Let me know what you think or tell me about your first time. (It’s up to you which first time you choose to discuss!)
Molly xxx
 
“What now?”
He was in control here, he had bought her and she would earn her money. She had to because she needed it so desperately.
As he stared at her she felt that he would burn through her skin and into her very soul. His gaze was unflinching. She looked away into the corner of the room to avoid eye contact. Her hair fell down over her chest and the plump mounds of her breasts protruded, covered only by her thin chemise. When she took a shaky breath, she felt the stays of her corset against her ribs whilst the lace edging around its top rubbed against the underside of her bosom. Her nipples strained against their covering, so tight that they ached.
She wanted to be touched.
She knew that Nate saw all of this and she surrendered to the urge to look at him. She scanned his form, from his dusty black boots, up his long legs in their pinstripe pants and arrived at his groin.
She whipped a protective hand across her chest.
“What do you see Mrs Campbell?”
His arousal was evident, bulging against the crotch of his trousers and he smiled as she stared at it.
“It remembers you too.” He rubbed at the swelling, gripping it tightly. “It remembers you very well.”
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

3 comments:

Barbara Elsborg said...

Congratulations, Molly!!! How exciting!!!!!! - see I can use more exclamations than you!

Molly Wishlade said...

Hey Barbara!
Thanks so much. It's great to be here.
Molly xxx

Demelza Hart said...

Hi Molly. Many congratulations on your post and release! You have conveyed the excitement of being published so well. I just wanted to shout it from the rooftops. Unfortunately, as virtually no one in real life knows what I do, I couldn't! It's great to be able to share on here. DH x