This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

14.8.13

Married to an Erotic Romance Writer?




This is for you!



I am celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary this week and it got me thinking about whether my husband knew what he was getting into when he married me? That one day I'd be a published erotic romance author.

Of course he knew I had a vibrant imagination (that’s a nice way of putting it) and that I wrote all sorts of racy stories when we met, a although, at that time just for fun. But let’s face it — twenty-five years ago, erotic romance wasn’t exactly a household name. And that got me thinking about all the spouses, partners and lovers of erotic romance writers. 

So here’s a shout out to our dearest. Those who support erotic romance writers through our best days, from “I got a contract!” to our worst days, “the computer just died and my masterpiece is in there!”  

Oh sure, there are perks to being in love with an erotic author — no, not those perks, but yes of course, that’s part of it. We’re comfortable with sexuality, possess a very open mind and have tried everything in our books! Okay, maybe that last one’s a stretch, but there are other perks. 

Our search engine history is wildly interesting and there’s never a dull conversation when we’re stuck in rush hour traffic together,  delayed in an airport terminal, or when we’re lucky enough to have a nice dinner alone. 




I know sometimes it’s not that easy for our partners when the world finds out just what their beloved writes. Sometimes, there are snickers from others; from co-workers or acquaintances that don’t know us well, and who may not quite understand just what it is we do. Funny enough, they usually wind up being the ones with the most questions!


But through it all, our partners are our biggest supporters and our most loyal fans. 

So on my 25th wedding anniversary, I’d first like to thank Mr. Deveaux for being so freakin’ amazing, but also give a big thank you to all those partners, lovers, and spouses who make our lives so much fuller. 

We love you!

 


















Author website:   http://www.katedeveaux.com
Twitter:                 https://twitter.com/KateDeveaux
Pinterest:             http://pinterest.com/katedeveaux 


4 comments:

Molly Wishlade said...

Oh, Kate, I LOVED this post!
Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!
My husband is my biggest supporter too and I'm very grateful. He helps me figure my plot lines out in the car on the way to work.
Hope you have another 25 years and more!
Molly xxx

Kate Deveaux said...

Thanks Molly, Ditto on all you said. Couldn't do it without them, could we?
Thanks,
Kate

Barbara Elsborg said...

Congrats!!And yes, I agree with everything you said. My only problem with my husband (well not the only one but I won't go into those) is that he is a solutions man and doesn't do the - well just pretend it might happen - bit!!

Normandie Alleman said...

Happy Anniversary! One of the tenets we have in marital and family therapy is that women marry men hoping they'll change - and they don't. And men marry women expecting they won't change - and they do.

With that in mind, I doubt many spouses knew they were marrying future erotic romance authors. However, I don't think we get a lot of complaints. ;)