This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

9.9.13

You here, you're welcome. You over there - stay back.

With the release of The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, as part of my promo I'm doing an article for Mensa magazine. It's the second one I've done for them, the first one being a piece about starting out as an erotic romance writer in the wake of Fifty Shades of Grey. And frankly, after the response I got to that article, I'm tempted to accompany this next one with this photo.


You see, I had wrongly thought that Mensa would be free from perverts. It wasn't. They just got smarter. The emails I got danced along the line between acceptable and wrong, burrowing their way into my head while making me doubt whether I had the right to protest.

In the end, I did. And I blocked them all.

This time I'm writing on the Clandestine Classics, the publicity backlash, and why I chose to write one myself. It's a topic I'm expecting strong opinions on. Fortunately, as I no longer work for Mensa, my personal email address is not in the public domain and so I'm hoping the responses will be in the letters page instead.

Of course, my email is available in the back of every book I write. But hey, at least that means they're buying it.

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall was released on 6 September 2013 at http://www.total-e-bound.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=306&P_ID=2297. And I'm thrilled!

3 comments:

Barbara Elsborg said...

Oh dear - you'd expect better from Mensa!! Congrats on the book. Hope it does well!

Molly Wishlade said...

Smart perverts, eh? Lol!
I bet all those who complain will secretly read your novel and enjoy it too! :-0

Anne Sherriff said...

I read that article, and I'm embarrassed on behalf of Mensa that you got the crap you did from people who we could be forgiven for thinking would know better. Or at least have decent manners.

On the plus side though, you did point me in the direction of TEB, and for that I thank you