This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

12.11.13

Book Addict



Hello…my name is Molly Wishlade and I’m a book addict.
 
©Depositphotos/ baloncici
 

My TBR pile is growing daily. It’s a good job that I have a Kindle or I would literally not be able to move around my house. In fact, I think I have to agree with DH…I am becoming a book hoarder!!!

I love reading but I also love writing. In addition I work ft, have a lovely husband and two fabulous children. This does not make finding reading time easy.

In my youth (all those years ago) I read voraciously. I always always had a book in my hands. It was something that my grandparents and parents encouraged but at times, it actually even began to irritate them a bit. I preferred to read than go out or do pretty much anything. Now I don’t know if that made me a bit sad, a bit anti-social, a bit of a nerd or just a book addict. But that’s how it was.

Fast forward to the present day and I would LOVE to have the time to read that I once enjoyed. But then, I wouldn’t surrender anything about my current life. Except the day job perhaps.

So back to my current TBR pile. I am a book magpie. When I see a shiny shiny cover…I have to have the book. When I’m hooked by a tag line or a blurb…I have to have the book. When an author friend releases a new book…You get the drift of it.


©Depositphotos/ konradbak

So what will cure me of my addiction?

In short nothing.

I am a book addict and I am proud of that fact.

I will continue to buy books and I will continue to read books. I will always enjoy books.

So all you fabulous authors, keep writing! I need my fix.

And all you wonderful readers, keep reading and rating so that the authors keep writing.

Hugs!

Molly xxx

 

 

2 comments:

Barbara Elsborg said...

Me too, Molly. When I ran away from home - aged 10, I packed all my books!!

Molly Wishlade said...

Hey Barbara! That's so sweet! I have books I've kept since I was about seven and I'd never part with them. Their covers, their smell, their stories...precious! Xx