This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

12.12.13

A Time for Reflection



It’s the most wonderful time of the year…

©depositphotos/GeraKTV

I love Christmas for many reasons but I also get a bit reflective at this time of the year. It’s the fact that another year has passed and a new one is just around the corner. I’m often guilty of wishing for time to pass more quickly so that the holidays will come but I try to ground myself by enjoying each and every day and by trying to be proud of one thing I’ve accomplished - instead of being annoyed with myself for what I haven’t done. :) This isn’t easy because I’m my own harshest critic but it’s an attitude of gratitude and it’s one that I hope to carry into 2014.

As I started to write this post, I realised that mine falls on the 12th of the 12th 2013. And this got me thinking. It has been an amazing year and a lot has changed since 12/12/2012. 
 
2013 has had some hardships, as every year does, but it was also the year that I became a published author.

What an amazing year!!! *dances around the room*

Not only have I now had two novellas published, with a longer novel ready for edits, but I also have a few other works in progress. I am thrilled and I am so excited about what 2014 will bring. But I’m going to make the most of what’s left of this year first.

So, as this is my final post at Hitting the Hotspot for 2013, I want to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to Totally Bound for publishing my debut novella - from acquisitions editor, to line editors, to the cover artists – you have all been wonderful. I also want to say a very special thank you to my editor (you know who you are) for teaching me so much – especially that Track Changes tutorial which was priceless!

*quivering lip* Now I’m getting all emotional!!!

Pulls self together. Just!

I love Christmas and I know that I am very lucky to have a fabulous family around me to enjoy it with. Without them, it wouldn’t be wonderful. However, there are times when it can get a bit overwhelming and then I like nothing more than to pour a glass of wine and retreat from it all (for an hour or so) with a good book and Totally Bound has LOTS of those.
 
 
 

This cheery chap hangs on my wall at Christmas.

 
 
What was 2013 like for you? What are you thankful for? What are your hopes for 2014? What do you do to relax over the holidays?

Merry Christmas to you all and a very Happy and Healthy 2014!

Hugs,

Molly xxx

 

P.S. An early gift:
 

©depositphotos/curaphotography

 
 
 

 

1 comment:

Jorja Lovett said...

Congrats! I signed with Totally Bound too this year and it has been a fabulous experience so far. Wishing you continued success for 2014 :) xx