This site contains adult content. By visiting and viewing the content of this site you confirm that you are aged 18 or above.

27.2.14

What a drama!

Working on more than one story about romantic relationships at the same time, and being married myself, it made me think about how drama is the bread and butter of the genre.

In this case with drama I mean the tendency for the (potential) lovers to have all kinds of misunderstandings that in reality are usually dealt with in a short conversation. If I'm puzzled about something my wife does or says,I simply ask her and she'll explains and that's pretty much always the end of it.
But, if we had been fictional characters, I would likely go for the long road and assume I know what's going on and before you know it the readers are anxiously wondering if and how the writer is getting those girls back together again.

Looking at my own work I don't have a strong tendency to write in such manner, because I can't help but find it a bit silly, be it with some exceptions. But, it also makes me curious if I could actually write something that is at least touched by the big old misunderstanding.
I'm wondering how Isaac and Tom in the Calling the Shots series, who are so very mature and evenly levelled about their D/s relationship, would deal with a situation when they do assume and don't communicate like grown-ups.

I guess I have another one on my to-write list...

S.Dora

The Calling the Shots series has three parts so far and can be found at Totally Bound and other places.

1 comment:

Daniel Efosa Uyi said...

Greetings from California! I’m bored to death at work so I decided to check out your blog on my iphone during lunch break.

I really like the info you present here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home. I’m amazed at how fast your blog loaded on my mobile .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G ..
Anyways, awesome blog just like http://danieluyi.com